Simple Red Pepper & Spinach Dahl
- 1 red onion, small dice
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red pepper, small dice
- 1 heaped tsp mild curry powder
- 100g split red lentils
- 1 tsp miso paste
- 200g chopped tomatoes
- 250-300ml water
- 40g spinach, chopped
- 1 tbsp lime or lemon juice
- 2-4 tbsp coconut yoghurt
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- To serve: Brussel Spout Red Cabbage and Hazelnut Slaw, fresh chilli, fresh coriander, dukkha, lime wedges, rice, flatbreads
1. Heat a drizzle of olive oil to a medium-sized saucepan and cook the onion and garlic for 5 minutes. Add in the red pepper, fry for 5 more minutes before stirring in the curry powder.
2. Pour in the red lentils, miso paste, chopped tomatoes and water. Stir well, bring to the boil and simmer over a gentle heat for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally until thick and creamy.
3. Just before serving, stir in the lime or lemon juice and the spinach. Stir to wilt.
4. Either stir in the coconut yoghurt or serve it on top of the dahl along with your favourite toppings. Enjoy with rice and flatbreads, too.
Jackfruit & Sun-Dried Tomato Curry Noodles
- Olive oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 80g sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tin jackfruit (drained weight approx. 255g)
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes (400g)
- 1 tin coconut milk, full-fat (400ml)
- 3 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp tamari soy sauce
- 200g peas
- 3 portions of noodles
- Salt and black pepper
- To serve: fresh coriander, toasted cashew nuts, chilli flakes, lime wedges
1. Heat 1 tbsp coconut oil in a frying pan and add the red onion and garlic for 5 minutes until softening. Add in the spices and fry for 2 minutes until smelling fragrant.
2. Drain the jackfruit and break it up slightly with your hands. Add the sun-dried tomatoes and jackfruit to the frying pan and stir to coat in the spices. Pour in the tinned tomatoes, coconut milk, tomato puree and tamari soy sauce with some salt and black pepper. Stir and allow to simmer for 15 minutes. Add in the peas and cook for 5 more minutes.
3. Meanwhile cook the noodles according to packet instructions.
4. Serve the noodles alongside the Jackfruit and Sun-Dried Tomato curry, top with fresh coriander, toasted cashew nuts, chilli flakes and lime wedges.
Enjoy diving into these dinners!